Tuesday, June 10, 2014
This chair turned out to be a labor of love. I decided to use the other half of the quilt top that I used on my chippy chairs to recover this chair. There was not nearly enough quilt, so I used what I had for the seat and the front/back part. I sewed this all down by hand with a needle and thread. Then I used 2 antique quilt squares for the arm rests. Next I used a piece of quilt that I had left from another project to do the sides. Finally, I used another quilt piece from a cutter I bought last year for the back side of the chair. All of these pieces were then stitched down. The legs of this chair were already a maroon colored fabric. I thought it might be pretty to sew crochet pieces of lace around them. I will never make enough money on this chair to account for my time, but it was a fun project!