Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Glider Chair Cushions

A few weeks ago I saw the neatest chair on the internet. I took a mental picture of it, but didn't note where I saw the chair. So today I started working on some cushions for an outdoor glider chair, and I searched high and low for the chair I had seen. I thought it would be so cute to do something similar. Here is what I came up with. I took some tea stained canvas and covered the old cushions. I had some beigh material, and I tore it in strips and used Sharpie fabric marker to write the text on the strips of fabric. I sewed the strips of material onto the canas, and then used embroidery floss to create the black lines. On the bottom cushion I sewed some burlap down on the canvas, and again sewed the strips of fabric down. The pillow was made from a round pillow form that I covered in burlap and canvas. I wrote the word agradecido in spanish, which measn grateful in english.  photo image-1491.jpg  photo image-746.jpg  photo image-2140.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment