Sunday, May 11, 2014

French Bed Tray

One of my favorite blogs is funkyjunkinteriors.net. Donna made the cutest tray from old stuff and I wanted to try my own version of the project. I took a piece of plywood, 2 metal things I found at the thrift store to use for handles, some white chalk paint that I bought at Junk in the Trunk, some acrylic paint, and a French image I got free from The Graphics Fairy. Before I go on, I have to tell you that The Graphics Fairy is a wonderful place to find fab graphics for free, check it out! Anyway, I sanded my plywood, painted it white with chalk paint, sanded it down after it dried to make it look old. Then I added my handles (really my hubby did that for me). Then I took the image and used graphite paper to transfer it on the wood. Next I painted the text with acrylic paint, and used permanent marker to add a little detail. I let it dry and sanded it a little bit to make the text look aged too. I will wax the tray as well so it can withstand whatever is set on it.  photo imagejpg1-82.jpg  photo imagejpg1-81.jpg  photo imagejpg1-80.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I can help you with your show....I will want to buy EVERYTHING!!....lol. let's get together when school is out...

    ReplyDelete