Saturday, May 11, 2013

Wire & Bead Bubble Wands

I loved those little bottles of bubbles with the wand when I was a kid. I thought it would be really fun to make bubble wands the last week of school. I had wire and beads at home, so I started to experiment. I made one out of light weight copper wire. It was ok, but it really wasn't sturdy enough for kids. Then I made one out of steel wire. It was sturdy, but I think it would be hard for kids to manipulate. I ran to the store to get heavier copper wire. It was pretty expensive for as much as I needed. I found a plastic coated steel wire. It was perfect! I made a circle with the wire around a coke bottle. I twisted the wire and left about 5 inches to put decorative beads on. Then I twisted the end of the wire into a coil shape, and attached a little beaded strand on the end. It was easy and I think the kids will love them them as much I do!  photo image-66.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment