Saturday, July 5, 2014

Amazing 4th of July! Colorado Rockies and The Cherry Creek Art Festival!!

I had the most wonderful 4th of July! My husband planned a trip for us to go and see the Colorado Rockies play baseball. We flew into Denver and stayed downtown. We played tourist the first day. We found our favorite eatery called The Yardhouse. The second day we went to the Colorado History Museum. I have to say it wouldn't have been my first choice to visit, and it was so incredible! While we were there we saw Indian Dancing and learned the history of the dances from the performing family.  photo imagejpg1-182.jpg Then we went to see the Rockies play the L.A. Dodgers. We went early to watch batting practice and look around Coors Field.  photo imagejpg1-178.jpg  photo imagejpg1-179.jpg After the game there was a fireworks show. It was simply fab!  photo imagejpg1-180.jpg The following day we went to The Cherry Creek Art Festival. Oh my goodness, the artist's are so amazing! It is so inspiring to see all of the various artwork and techniques. My favorites were Amy Flynn who makes mixed media Fobots, Nathan Falter who does ceramics that look like oil cans, Valerie Bunnell who does mixed media sculptures and my husband's favorite was Theodore Gall who creates sculptures of bronze heads. This man's work was out of this world! He creates these faces and they open up and you see more intricate art. It's art inside of art. He was at the Scottsdale Art Festival in March, and if he comes back next year, make sure you go and see his art!  photo imagejpg1-181.jpg I have to thank my husband because we had so much fun and he is the best husband in the entire world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment