Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fabric Covered Chest

This was my favorite project using the Cori Dantini "Beauty Is You Girls In Bloom". I found this chest for $2.00. It sat outside for 2 weeks before I could figure out how I wanted to use it. My husband and I have a deal that he can throw away my treasures if I leave them sitting outside for more than 2 weeks. That being said, here is how I went about this project. First I sanded the chest down. I sprayed primer on the outside and inside bottom of the chest. Then I painted it with Varspar satin/Lunar Tide paint. I used a peel and stick flower paper on the inside top lid. I'm not sure if it will hold up, but we'll see. Then came the fun part! I took a piece of of a quilt top I had made last summer, and I sewed one of the "Girls in Bloom" onto it. I added a piece of an unfinished Dresden Plate quilt block, and used a piece of the Bloom fabric for the center of it. I sewed some more scraps and embellishments onto the quilted top, and backed the piece with quilt batting. To finish the top, I will sew a decorative stitch around the edge and adhere it onto the top of the chest.  photo image-1064.jpg  photo image-482.jpg  photo image-302.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment