Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tin Containers

I had a bunch of Altoid containers and I read once that you could burn them in a fireplace and it takes the paint off and makes them look old. We have a fireplace outside and so of course I had to try it! I let them burn and cool down and then I washed them out. Then I took pretty paper and ran it through my Xyron machine to give it an adhesive backing. I applied the paper to the cover of the boxes and then embellished them.
Photobucket
I made this little set by taking an old playing cards box, an embellished tin box and a little journal, and attached them all together.
Photobucket
Here is what it looks like opened.
Photobucket
Here is one made for sewing. I made a tiny needle & thread holder on the left and filled the box with little scraps of fabric, lace, buttons and what-not. I like to carry it in my purse (I really carry a back-pack)so I can do little projects whenever I have a spare moment.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment